Welcome to the Dog Tag Inc. Fellowship Program Application.
We run a living business school for transitioning veterans with service-connected disabilities, military spouses, and caregivers, empowering them to rediscover purpose and find community through a business and entrepreneurship-focused fellowship program. Our fellows gain business skills in both the classroom and in practice at Dog Tag Bakery, our social enterprise. We integrate holistic and experiential learning, challenging our fellows to apply their knowledge in our thriving, real-world bakery.
Dog Tag Inc.'s Fellowship program combines academic coursework, professional development workshops, wellness techniques, guest speakers, and experiential learning to help our fellows figure out what they want to do next -- and how they will achieve their own individual definition of success, beyond their military-connected service.
Over the course of five months, our fellows explore a variety of career paths, learn about resources available to them, and strengthen their personal and professional networks as they develop strategic plans for plausible business ideas as well as their own futures.
The five-month fellowship program includes:
- A Certificate in Business Administration, from the School of Continuing Studies at Georgetown University
- Hands-on learning through rotations within our small business, Dog Tag Bakery
- A capstone project, in which fellows workshop a business plan to be pitched at the end of the fellowship
- A storytelling course specifically designed for our fellows, to build confidence as they reflect on where they came from and where they want to go
- Time for integrated health and wellness techniques and reflection
- Networking opportunities with guest speakers, business leaders, and entrepreneurs
- Development of powerful soft skills that are invaluable in the civilian world
- Supportive community of like-minded peers and alumni as well as dedicated staff
- A monthly stipend, and all program-related expenses covered, so fellows do not need to use GI Bill or other military benefits to participate
- Post-9/11 military veterans (or those currently in transition) with service-connected disabilities, military spouses*, and/or caregivers
- Eager to learn and be pushed to grow
- Open to exploring entrepreneurship and civilian careers
- Willing to contribute to a community and engage in personal and professional development
- Able to commit to a full-time schedule of Monday through Thursday from 9am - 4pm
- Able to provide own transportation to and from Dog Tag Inc.'s Georgetown (Washington, DC) location
*All military spouses are eligible regardless of spouse's military status or VA rating.
**Please note: Dog Tag does not accept married couples/domestic partners simultaneously due to the intensive nature of the program and our belief in maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
For questions about the Dog Tag Inc. Fellowship Program and the application process, please contact 202-527-9388 or Fellowship@dogtaginc.org. For technical questions, please select the Technical Help button at the bottom of your application page.